What is the difference between acient &modern olympic games?
i want a table with acient on one side and modern on the other
You sound like you are trying to get someone to do your homework for you!
naked guy wrestling no naked guy wrestling
no women who looked like men women who look like men
no aids aids
conclusion: Modern Olympiads are more gay.
- Unlike the Modern Olympic Games, only men who spoke Greek were allowed to participate in the Ancient Games.
- Before being able to participate, every participant had to take an oath in front of the statue of Zeus saying that he had been in training for 10 months.
- Over the years, more events were added: boxing (pygme/pygmachia), wrestling (pale), pankration (regulated full-contact fighting, similar to today's mixed martial arts), chariot racing, several other running events (the diaulos, hippios, dolichos, and hoplitodromos), as well as a pentathlon, consisting of wrestling, stadion, long jump, javelin throw and discus throw (the latter three were not separate events).
- It is often said that wars were halted during the Games but this is not true; however, athletes, who were often soldiers, were permitted to leave the army to participate in the Games, and were guaranteed safe passage through enemy territory.
- Participation in the games was limited to male athletes; the only way women were allowed to take part was to enter horses in the equestrian events.
- The athletes usually competed naked, not only as the weather was appropriate but also as the festival was meant to celebrate, in part, the achievements of the human body. Olive oil was occasionally used by the competitors, not only to keep skin smooth but also to provide an appealing look for the participants. Competitors may have worn a kynodesme to restrain the penis.
Well, I'm not going to do a table, but here are the main differences. In the ancient games, the site never moved, they were always in Olympia Greece. Also, competitors competed naked. There weren't as many events. The competitors were competing for their city-states, not their country.
|Climbing Fishing Hunting General - Outdoor Recreation Olympics Motorcycle Racing Martial Arts|
Sports Categories--Copyright/IP Policy--Contact Webmaster