Rugby Leagues Greatest Players?
1. Greatest Player who played for Australia?
2. Greatest Player who played for QLD State of Origin?
3. Greatest Player who played for NSW State of Origin?
4. Greatest Player who played in Club Football?
To answer Question 1:
- Andrew Johns: MVP in the 1995 World Cup, Man of the Series in Australia vs. Great Britian 2001, Golden Boot in 1999, 2001, Guided Australia to many wins.
- Brad Fittler (Guided Australia to victory in the Australia vs. New Zealand Semi-Finals in 1995 with a Man of the Match Award performance and played a vital role in Australia winning in the Wolrd Cup Final in 1995, Golden Boot in 2000 which he played a vital role in Australia winning the World Cup in 2000).
- Wally Lewis
- Peter Sterling
To answer Question 2:
- Wally Lewis: 8 Man of the Match Awards, and Captained the QLD side to a record thirty times.
His will to win and uncanny knack of producing a win single handedly earn him the reputation as the greatest ever State of Origin player. His brilliant short and unbelievable long passing game, astute kicking, bone crunching defense, strong running and genius vision made him one of the very best.
To answer Question 3:
- Andrew Johns: Won 4 Man of the Match Awards. Dominated the 1996 series with Man of the Match performances and dominated the 2002 series with a brilliant first game performance which destroyed the QLD side. In 2005 Game 2 Joey came back after a serious injury and dominated the QLD side and the performance was regarded as good as Wally Lewis in Game 2 1989.
- Brad Fittler: He may not have won any State of Origin Man of the Match Awards, but he was certainly was one of the GREATEST PLAYERS to play the game. He was one of the key players for NSW.
- Laurie Daley.
- Peter Sterling.
To answer Question 4:
- Andrew Johns: 3 time Dally M Award winner, 3 time Rugby League's Week Player of the Year. He took the Newcastle Knights to 2 Grand Finals in 1997, 2001.
- Brad Fittler: He took the Roosters to 4-5 straight finals. In 2002 Freddy led the Roosters to a Grand Final victory which he played a key performance. Also his won Provan-Summons Medal in 1997. His best club performance was in 1997 and 1998.
- Clive Churchill (Very Tough, Skillfull and Brilliant Attacking Player). This is why who ever wins the Man of the Match Award in a Grand Final is Awarded the Clive Churchill Medal. Source(s): - Andrew Johns Tribute
- Andrew Johns
- Brad Fittler
- Clive Churchill
- Wally Lewis
Australia: Andrew Johns
QLD: Wally lewis
NSW: Peter Sterling
Club: Andrew Johns
1. Greatest Player who played for Australia? Wally Lewis
2. Greatest Player who played for QLD State of Origin? Wally Lewis
3. Greatest Player who played for NSW State of Origin? Peter Sterling
4. Greatest Player who played in Club Football? Wally Lewis
1 wally lewis,2 wally lewis,3 brad fitler,4 brad fitler.
1. Andrew Johns
2. Wally Lewis
3. Andrew Johns
4. Andrew Johns
1. well it is hard to go past either eric grothe senior or wally lewis
2. Queenslands real king was the big mal
3. Johns has to have a mention but frankly i enjoyed watching ettinghouse or rod wishart more
4. mmm hard one... so i will go terry lamb, just for the skill and excitement he bought to the game..
|General - Football (Soccer) Football (Canadian) Australian Rules Rugby League Rugby Union General - Football (Australian) Football (American)|
Sports Categories--Copyright/IP Policy--Contact Webmaster